Monday, August 9, 2010

My first Adventure as a Grown Up.

As I started my move to our Nation's great Capitol, I decided I should pick up a way to let those that I love keep up a little bit better.  As some of you may or may not know, I picked up my life and moved to Washington DC a few weeks ago.  Through the support, love and prayers of those closest to me, I've been able to have a GREAT time already!

For the past few weeks I have been on a search for a house, and after many long hours of searching and lots of applications, we have found the PERFECT PLACE.  For those of you who have been DC it is about half a block off of Wisconsin Avenue, and it is a two bedroom basement apartment.  A family with two little ones will live above us, and we are going to get to babysit the babies for a little bit of the rent money (pretty great huh? I love kids!)  It also has utilities, cable and internet included at a very reasonable price.  It also has a giant backyard that is all for us.  We are lucky girls.  Thank you to everyone who helped out during this time!  We are so lucky!

As for hanging out, its been awesome! Lots of time with friends from Wofford like Alex C, Stewart, and Ellison, and lots of time with JD hanging out with he and his friends on the lake and at the pool! There are even swans that live outside of JD's apartment.  I have never seen anything so beautiful!  There are lots of geese too, but I like the swans better.

As for me, I am currently job searching as of today!  I sent off my application for endorsement to work in DC, and I can't wait to find a job! I know it is going to be great.

Till next time, lots of funny stories and pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment